Monday, May 23, 2005

Day 1

14 May Day 1
We met in school at 6pm to wait for the bus that will be arriving at 7.15 pm. In the meantime, we were assigned into 3 groups and then chatted all the way till the bus arrived. We also do some out processing – distributing sleeping bags, puritabs and giant zip-loc bags. Many people either bought their food before coming into the school or had already eaten at home. For me, I bought a pack of vegetable rice from the kopi-tiam two blocks away and ate at home. Each day there will be two leaders for the day.
The bus arrived at 7.30pm, late. We boarded the bus and made our way to the Tanjong Pagar Railway Station. Some of my Malay friends packed Muthubak (some form of Roti Prata like that). At 2040, we entered the gate and boarded the train, XSP14. We were then assigned to a train seat once again, my initial was bed 27, but later I changed it to bed 37 because there was one fellow that did not come on this trip. At the immigration in Singapore, we alighted the train and pass the custom. No stamp-chop stamped. We boarded the train again. Then further up ahead, we picked up more passengers at Johor Bahru. It was then that I realised that the bed I was then sitting on belongs to the Second Class Seat.
Thereafter I think it is free time for everyone, own time own target, those who want to sleep can go ahead, others continue talking. I went to bed at around 2237.In the night, the train switched lane a few times. The guide (who was only accompanying us for the trip there and not going with us on the trek) told us that because of the present Prime Minister I think, set the rule of only one train at a time for every track, so changing of lanes is more frequent now in Malaysian railway trains. By the way, I was sleeping near the door that leads to another carriage of the train. The experience was superb, nice experience with people slamming the door in the middle of your sleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

:: Jolin ½²¨ÌªL J-game ³¥ÆZ¹CÀ¸ ::
lion heart midi Your browser doesn't support the EMBED tag, but you can still listen to the music on this page by <a href="http://bestboynewb.bravehost.com/music%20file/lion%20heart%20midi.mid">clicking here.</a>